1st APUCEN@Malaysia Meeting
- The 1st APUCEN@Malaysia Meeting was held on 5 October 2012.
- The national meeting was hosted by Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UniMAS).
- It was chaired by the newly elected Chairman, Prof. Dato’ See Ching Mey, the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Division of Industry and Community Engagement, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM).
- The meeting was attended by 16 delegates from 15 Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Malaysia.
Several fruitful outcomes were achieved, APUCEN@Malaysia:
- Renewed its commitment to promote the culture of university-community engagement in a proactive, inclusive, holistic and participatory way.
- Proposed the implementation of university-community engagement project that involves its APUCEN members in Malaysia.
- Aimed to align with the Ministry of Higher Education to ensure that all its regional networking initiatives would benefit Malaysian higher education.
- Issues concerned with students volunteerism in Malaysian universities were also explored and given due attention.